Granting Courage Scholarship Program
Applicants should also be prepared as part of the application process to address the following:
Please note, application deadline for 2017-2018 is July 20
- This scholarship program is for survivors of human trafficking. Please: 1) define human trafficking; and 2) and describe the dates and duration (only) of your trafficking situation.
- This scholarship program is intended to assist survivors with their education and career development. Have you completed any coursework, certification programs, or other education.? If so, please describe your academic achievement to date (with supporting information such as GPA and/or transcripts).
- Please describe your financial need for scholarship funds. How will grant funds, if awarded, be spent to advance your education and life goals?
- Please describe any leadership, advocacy, or public awareness activities in which you are involved as a survivor, and the impact (intended and actual) of these efforts.
- How are you currently engaged with survivors and/or in anti-trafficking efforts?
- How will you use your education to further serve the survivor community?
- In order to be considered for scholarship, you must be 18 years of age or older and enrolled or accepted (but not yet enrolled) in an educational program such as college, graduate school or vocational-technical program.
Include information from anti-trafficking organizations that have assisted you, teachers or other mentors.